– A non-profit managed 100% by parent volunteers –
Our mission is to enrich the education of our children by funding arts education and technology programs that cultivate creative thinking and development!
We are a parent volunteer group, and our commitment is to make our school a better place.
Our objective is to supplement, through fundraising efforts, the educational experience of our students.
We fulfill this goal through annual fundraising efforts which help fund requested strategic scholastic tools and resources.
– A 12-week dance week program – a traditional dance program that focuses on cultivating creativity, building self-confidence, art integration and using dance as a problem-solving tool.
– A new digital literacy curriculum – basic computer skill curriculum!
– New electronic devices – laptop cart and laptop computers
– Drama Works!- a comprehensive, web-based curriculum program for teaching theatre, English language arts, and arts integration for all subjects and ages.
Research shows that providing school’s with a quality art’s program, benefits the continued development of students creativity, the ability to problem solve, attitude and attendance. Which is why, our objective at FFS is to fund a robust arts education program for our students.
To share with you all of the special art projects we are bringing to our school, our Special Art Projects web page will feature the programs we are supporting. You can find that page under our FFS Events section below, or by clicking here.
A 21st Century student needs to be prepared for a high paced work force!
As we continue to evolve in technology, our goal at FFS is to provide our teachers with the right tools and relevant curriculum. Throughout the last few years, our booster club has funded and provided equipment, like new iPads and new laptops for our students.
This year, our reach has expanded through the funding of a new digital literacy curriculum program that will help solidify their technical foundation. For a glimpse into how school districts around the US are taking on digital literacy head-on, see this YouTube from US Digital Literacy.com.